Avocado toast is a healthy, simple, and super easy breakfast that you can make in no time, it is almost effortless. This is one of the favorite summertime breakfasts at my house. If you love avocados then you will surely love this avocado toast.
The basic toast recipe is super simple, which you can further dress it up with tomatoes or eggs or microgreens or just bacon!! The possibilities are endless. Enjoy this simple, refreshing toast as a breakfast or a quick afternoon snack!
Serves: 2 Slices
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 2 slices of Bread, I like sourdough bread
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1-2 tablespoon fruity Olive oil
- A handful of baby heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- Sunflower seeds or sesame seeds or Hemp seeds
- Cut the avocado lengthwise, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh using a spoon. Put it in a bowl and using a fork mash it smooth or chunky as you like. Add salt and pepper to it and mix it well. Taste and adjust the seasoning per your liking.
- In a small pan add olive oil and heat it. When warm, add 1 sliced Garlic clove to it, let it sizzle on low for 1-2 minutes. Remove and keep it aside to cool. Add more garlic if you like.
- Toast the bread until golden and firm. Lightly rub a peeled garlic clove over the toasted bread. You can use plain toast as well if you prefer it that way.
- In a bowl add sliced tomatoes, olive oil along with garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss it all together.
- Spread the Avocado over the toast, top it with seeds and serve with tomato salad on the side.
- Top the toasted garlic bread with avocado. Sprinkle some crushed pepper and sunflower seeds over it. Serve this with a side of tomato salad.
- Top the toasted bread with avocado, sprinkle crushed chili flakes or pepper, and drizzle some fruity olive oil over it and serve.
- Top the toasted garlic bread directly with just the tomato salad, kinda like bruschetta, add mozzarella cheese if you wish.
- Top the avocado toast with eggs cooked per your liking, sunny-side-up, scrambled, or simply hard-boiled eggs sliced and serve.
- You can also top the avocado toast with microgreens, sprinkle some salt and pepper, a light drizzle of olive oil and serve.
- Dress up the avocado toast with some deseeded jalapeno chilies, salt, and pepper and serve.
- Garlic: Rubbing garlic on bread gives a light garlic flavor to the bread. If you like more garlic flavor rub about 1/2 clove on one bread.
- Avocado: You can also slice up the Avocado and layer it over the toast. I, however, love my avocado mashed up as it feels more creamer.
- Toast: You can make the toast in your toaster or toast it over griddle/pan with little butter. In case you do not like it crisp you can just warm up the bread with little butter over a griddle.
- Olive oil: I recommend using fruity olive oil as that is what brings the whole thing together.