Nice Cream is a yummy healthy ice cream made using frozen bananas base and various add-ins. This soft serve ice cream is easy to make and is ready to serve in just a few minutes, all you need is just a few ingredients and a food processor or blender… Yes you can make this ice cream without an ice maker!!!
This ice cream has No added sugars or heavy cream, it is fat free, dairy-free, vegan and gluten free. It can be enjoyed any time of the day, you can even have it for your morning breakfast, just add a few fruits and nuts to it and enjoy it as a bowl. This is a perfect treat for kids, as they can have multiple servings and trust me they will love it!!! Enjoy guilt free…
- 3 Frozen Bananas
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries, or any frozen berries that you have on hand
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor add frozen bananas, frozen blueberries and vanilla extract. Blend it till it all comes together about 8 to 10 minutes depending on your blender or food processor. You might have to take a break after every 2-3 minutes and mix it all around with a spoon for even blending.
- Serve immediately if you like soft serve or store it in a glass container for later use.
- Soft serve: Serve immediately in a cup or a cone. Top it with fresh fruits or nuts.
- Popsicle: Transfer it into popsicle container and freeze it for about 2-3 hours so that it hardens a bit and is easy for kids to eat it as a popsicle.
- Breakfast: Blend it with a dash of milk of your choice to make it a little runny. Top it with slices of banana, blueberries, nuts or seeds of your choice.
- Banana: Let the bananas ripen well before you freeze them. This will make it naturally sweet. Make sure to peel the bananas before you freeze them. Cutting the bananas into small discs before blending will ease the blending process (Smaller then the chunks in my picture is preferable).
- Berries: You can use any berries that you have on hand like strawberry, raspberry, blackberry… Just was and freeze then before using it.
- Store the frozen bananas and berries into an airtight container so that it wont pick up the taste and smell from other food.
- Sweeteners: Ideally you wont need sweeteners, but in case you do then I recommend adding Maple syrup or honey or any other sweetener of your choice towards the end of the blending process.
- Blending: Depending on the blender or food processor you use you might take more or less time to achieve the ice cream consistency. Just make sure that the blender does not over heated melting the ice cream down, in which case take more breaks in between your blending.
- Milk: You can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of almond milk or coconut milk or any milk of your choice in case you need to ease the blending process. This might happen if your ingredients are frozen for a longer time.
- If you freeze the ice cream overnight, remove it out and let it rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving, so it is easy to scoop.