Berry crumble is a healthy, comforting, and versatile dessert made by using any berry or a combination of berries. Sweet and tart berries topped with crispy crumble is easy to make dessert. It is also the best way to use any leftover berries before they go bad. This is a perfect dessert for parties, BBQs, or just a special treat for yourself.
Fresh berries with delicious crumble, finished with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream is the best light and healthy dessert you will be hooked on to. Enjoy!!!
Serves: 4 to 5 servings
- 1 cup Blueberries washed
- 1 cup Raspberries washed
- 1 cup Strawberries washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries, Optional
- 1/2 Apple, chopped small, optional
- 1/4 cup Sugar preferably brown or 3 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour or 2 tablespoon Corn starch
- 1 teaspoon spice like Pumpkin pie mix or Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice or lemon juice, optional
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Almond flour or Coconut flour or All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar or coconut sugar or Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup shredded Coconut, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil or 1/4 cup Butter cut into small chunks
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and drain all the berries, chop apple and strawberries, transfer all of it to a bowl. Add sugar, flour, cranberries, cinnamon, and orange juice to it. Mix all of these ingredients together and transfer it to your baking dish.
- Add all the crumble ingredients in a bowl – oats, flour, sugar, coconut, pecans, and oil, mix it well. Spread this crumble mix over the fruits in the baking dish. Spread it evenly over all the fruits.
- Place the baking dish on a sheet pan, as sometimes the crumble juices might overflow out of the baking dish. Transfer it to the oven and bake it for about 50 to 60 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove and let it cool slightly for about 10 minutes before serving it.
- Serve it warm in a bowl topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
- Berries: You can use any berry or a combination of berries that you have on hand. You can also use frozen berries, in which case skip rinsing them, just toss all the ingredients together.
- If you have nut allergy replace almond flour with regular flour. You can also skip adding nuts, I add it for added texture and crunch.
- You can also use just oats, sugar and oil for the crumble, in which case just adjust the quantity of oat, add about 1/2 cup more.