Brownie…. A pure chocolate heaven!
Whenever I crave for a chocolate dessert, I have to bake some brownies. This rich decadent brownie will satisfy all your chocolate cravings. These are so easy to make even kids can make it. My son likes to help me make it all the time, but what he really LOVES is to help me clean up… of course by licking up all the chocolatey goodness… good luck resisting it yourself though!
There is nothing better than a nice warm chocolate brownie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on cold winter night Or top it with marshmallow while camping out – brownie s’mores!! My son came up with brownie s’mores idea while we were camping this year and trust me it’s addictive!!! Enjoy…
- 3 oz (75 gm) All-purpose Flour (I sometimes use whole wheat flour as well)
- 3 oz (75 gm) unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 10 oz (300 gm) Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 8 oz (225 gm) Butter, room temperature (on cheat days I use 6 oz of butter as well, come out fine)
- 8 oz (225 gm) Dark Chocolate (I use 6 oz dark and 2 oz milk chocolate. You can use any plain chocolate per your liking, totaling to 8oz)
- 4 oz (100gm), White Chocolate
- 4 oz (100 gm) Pecans and/or Walnuts and/or Hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (can use a combination of all or any one nut or no nuts at all)
- 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee
- Baking Pan Prefered size 8 x 8 (I get much better results when using this pan size)
- Preheat Oven to 375° F. Grease the baking dish and keep it ready.
- In a mixing bowl beat together sugar & eggs, make sure that sugar has completely dissolved.
- Melt butter and whisk it into the mixture. Make sure that the melted butter is at room temperature when you mix.
- Sieve together Cocoa powder and Flour & add to the mixture along with coffee. Do not over mix.
- Melt plain chocolate in the microwave (refer note) & Stir into the mixture.
- Toss chopped nuts and white chocolate pieces with 1 teaspoon of flour and add it to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes, if the top looks done insert a clean knife in the center of the brownie if it comes out clean means brownie is ready to be pulled out of the oven.
- Let it cool at least 15 minutes before you cut into wedges.
- Serve warm brownie with Vanilla or Ube ice cream, drizzle some Chocolate sauce and top it with a sprig of mint.
- Top the brownie with warm marshmallow, brownie s’mores!
- Coffee– Adding coffee brings out the chocolate flavor, so I usually add it in all my chocolate desserts. You can skip adding it if you prefer so.
- Tip for melting chocolate in the microwave – Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 20 seconds, remove from microwave and mix the chocolate together. Microwave again for 20 seconds and mix it together. Repeat until you have a uniform consistency of molten chocolate. This ensures that the chocolate does not burn in the microwave and melts uniformly.
- Tossing the nuts and chocolate in a bit of flour will prevent them from settling at the bottom of the pan.
- Preparing baking dish– Grease the baking dish with butter and dust it lightly with flour, this acts as a non-stick coating.
- Knife test– Insert a clean knife in the center and remove, if it comes clean it indicates brownie is ready. If not bake it for 5 more minutes and test again. It usually takes 20-30 minutes for the brownie to be done depending on your oven.
- You can reduce the amount of butter to 4-6 oz (i do it especially when I am making it for cheat days while on diet.. lol) They still come out really good!