There is nothing better than cold juicy Melons on a hot summer day!! No wonder you find so many different varieties of melons during summer. This cold, refreshing, naturally sweet melon juice made with a touch of fennel is a perfect summer drink. Fennel gives this drink a nice refreshing twist, trust me on that! It pairs really well with any spicy food as well.
You can also make amazing margaritas using this melon juice, just add tequila, orange liquor and lime juice to it, shake it up and serve… This will keep everyone happy kids as well as adults! Enjoy…
Yields: 3 to 4 cups Juice
- 2-1/2 cups of Honeydew Melon
- 1 cup Orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup Fennel seed syrup
- 1 tablespoon Agave nectar, optional if needed (or any sweetener, adjust sweetness per your liking)
- Orange Slices, optional for decoration
- Rosemary sprig, optional for decoration
- Put honeydew melon, orange juice, fennel syrup, and agave if using into a blender, blend it all together. Give it a taste, adjust the sweetness per your liking and serve.
- Honeydew melon Juice: In a glass add some ice or frozen melon chunks, pour the prepared juice into it. Add a slice of orange and a sprig of rosemary and serve. (Front small glass in all the pictures.)
- Honeydew Melon Margarita: Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with Ice, add 2oz of prepared honeydew melon juice, 3oz Tequila, 1oz Cointreau (Orange liqueur), 1oz lime juice, and 1 tablespoon Fennel syrup or Agave nectar to it. Close it and give it a good hard shake for about 30 seconds. Transfer the cocktail to the glass filled with some ice cubes or frozen honeydew melon , add a slice of orange and a sprig of Rosemary and serve. (Back two big glasses are Margaritas in all the pictures)
- Honeydew Melon Juice: You can choose to strain the juice or leave it as is based on your preference. I usually skip straining it.
- Sweeteners: You can use any sweetener of your choice in place of agave nectar or Fennel syrup. Fennel pairs really well with this drink without overpowering it. Also if the melon is sweet use less or skip adding any sweetener to the margarita.
- Big batch: This recipe can be scaled up to a big batch for parties. Simply stir all the ingredients together in a pitcher with ice and serve. It is true for both Juice and Margarita.
- Ice: Instead of using ice, you can also use frozen melon pieces while serving for juice as well as margaritas.